Sunday, February 7, 2016

Mosquitoes

I've always hated mosquites - worse than the biting is that unnerving "I'm gonna getcha" whining as they close in.

In Kenya, there's the additional issue of malaria. To spare you the exertion of doing a Google search, here's what the CDC says:

      "Human malaria is transmitted only by females of the genus Anopheles. Of the approximately 430 Anopheles species, only 30-40 transmit malaria."


Nasty looking critter - isn't she/he/it?

All mosquitos look alike to me, and they seem to be rather secretive about their sexual orientations, so I swat at anything that comes near me. And use a mosquito net. 

I haven't stayed anywhere in the past few years that didn't have mosqito nets for every bed, but I still bring my own. Just in case. And always carry a small spool of Duck tape for repairs. Which I've had to use.

 
Tied up for the day
Ready for bed





No comments:

Post a Comment