Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Connected!

Thanks to a 30-minute nap lasting 4 hours, I didn't get reconnected with the world until 5:30.

A ten-minute walk down around the corner, past Don Bosco church, down the hill (just remembered what going back up the hill is going to feel like), across and around numerous barriers, rocks, spills and small ravines beings me to the roundabout. Many drivers here have a passing acquaintance with safe driving, but aren't ready to make a permanent commitment. I've learned over the years that the safest option is to quickly follow any group of 2 or more across each of the sections, on the theory that most motorists prefer not to be charged with multiple homicides.

The Safaricom shop has become much more organized since my last visit. There are actual lines, and they now give you slips of paper with your arrival time! AND, a customer rep comes around to triage to make sure you're in the best line!!

My phone is now outfitted with a bright new Safaricom SIM card, as is my Hauwei mobile wifi. 

Sometimes I just love technology!



No comments:

Post a Comment