Saturday, April 28, 2012

It Begins Again

This is the 2012 edition of my East African travel blog. It's a way for my family and friends to keep track of me and be assured of my safety.

My plans have changed many times in the last couple of months - a lot of things are fluid in Africa until you're actually on the ground.

This is what I'm hoping to do:
- Start out with a day or two in Nairobi to get re-oriented, make calls and firm up plans;
- Spend a few days in Mombasa visiting with some of the people who attended the AAC training last year;
- Return to Nairobi for a few days to visit with a friend who is involved helping kids with disabilities get services; with several of the SLPs in Nairobi; and, of course, attending one or more practices of the Paka Skippers, the jump rope team that has grown out of the program might established in the slums of Kibera in 2010.
- travel to western Kenya to spend 10-12 days with staff at two of the EARCs (Educational Assessment Resource Center)

I need more time!!!

P.S. This is the first I've been able to access the Internet since I left on Saturday. If Blogspot will let me, I'm going to try to change the dates on these catch up posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment